Your backyard in Phoenix, AZ should be an extension of your home. It is a natural room where you can watch your children can play, entertain your friends and family and relax after a hard day’s work. There are many ways to make your yard more inviting, even on a budget. Here are 5 ways:
1. Build a deck or patio. A deck or patio doesn’t have to be big to be useful. It is a place to sit outside, grill and entertain. A patio can be made easily by laying down paving stones. It doesn’t have to be attached to the house either. A freestanding deck or patio makes a great focal point in the backyard in Phoenix, AZ. Create a walkway to the patio or deck using paving stones.
2. Trim walkways and gardens with stones or other types of edging. This makes a nice outline and defines garden areas and play areas. Cedar chips or crushed stone will give a nice, uniform look and a finishing touch to your yard.
3. If you don’t have a garden or lack the time to create one, opt for large planters full of flowers and other outdoor plants. Planters can be placed in corners, along fences or in other unused sections of the yard. They will add a touch of color and are easier to take care of than gardens.
4. If you don’t have outdoor furniture yet, buy some and create an outdoor living room. Arrange it around a fire pit for some cozy evening get-togethers outside. If you already have outdoor furniture, consider painting it or using slipcovers to create a new look.
5. Take care of your lawn. If there are bare spots, sprinkle with some grass seed to fill them in. Spray on a fertilizer to make your lawn thick and luscious. If there is little grass in your yard, you can buy rolls of sod. Just lay it down like carpet and it will grow on its own.
You can do any of these things yourself. However, if backyard in Phoenix, AZ remodeling doesn’t fit into your schedule, you can hire someone to do it for you. It’s not expensive and well worth the money you’ll spend.